How to achieve service excellence
Service excellence is the act of going beyond customer expectations. Most businesses provide good customer service, but customers keep coming back to the ones that go beyond to provide service excellence.
Why is service excellence important?
Customer service is where your brand comes to life. Marketing is really important, but it has to meet reality. Keep in mind, that 69% of customers stop doing business with a company, due to one bad experience. So, people sign up for services but stay for customer experience.
Benefits of achieving service excellence
Service excellence is of great value, and some of the reasons why are listed below:
- Attract more customers: It enables you to create a good impact on your current customers. The customers who are happy and satisfied with your service spread the word.
- Profitability: Apart from the benefits of having a good reputation and positive feedback, the main benefit of service excellence is the profit the company gains. For a service that is assured of excellent quality, consumers are ready to pay higher prices. Also, the customer’s network continues increasing.
- Branding: Is the process of establishing a brand in the market. To get name and fame your services have to be of excellent quality.
How will you start?
To achieve service excellence, you’ll need to have a clear picture of what makes good service in the first place. Here are a few goals, that you can set in order to ensure that you have the base to an excellent service:
- Identify the needs of your customers. Listen to them. You and your team cannot meet the needs of your customers, if you don’t know how to ask and listen attentively.
- Meeting and exceeding customer needs. Keep in mind, that you are the expert in your field and the customers are contacting you to meet their needs. If you exceed these needs, your customers will be satisfied.
- Form an after-sale relationship. Stay in contact with your customers after the sale. Such types of relationships create loyal customers.
How to achieve service excellence
Here are some simple ways, that you can use to achieve service excellence.
Focus on creating a customer centric culture.
If you want to excel, you need to ensure, that all your employees give priority to customers and their needs. You need to make your business policies and processes friendly to your customers. Train your employees accordingly.
Don’t take customers for granted and don’t ignore them
You should never ignore a customer, even if she or he is not using your services at the moment. Remember, every customer plays a critical role in the success of your business. Therefore, whenever a customer walks in, treat her or him in a special way, as everyone offers you the opportunity to strengthen you image and attract other potential customers.
Show that you are happy to serve your customers
You need to make them feel welcomed and special. Small gestures such as a smile or listening to them attentively express your eagerness to serve. Express you appreciation and gratitude before the customer leaves and encourage them to come back
Never say “No” to any customer
There are times, that you need to be flexible with your rules and policies. Facilitating customers and offering alternative options to their complaints or issues will make it easier for you to achieve your goals and objectives in the long run.
“Buy” decisions and emotions
According to Paul Ekman (American psychologist), there are six emotions that every human has namely disgust, anger, happiness, fear, surprise and sadness. These emotions play critical role in determining a decision that people make every day.
If you and your staff evoke emotions of surprise and happiness, your customers will have a great experience and you will be advertised via word of mouth. Such experiences will lead to loyal customers.
Achieving service excellence is not difficult at all. You need to be committed, make the right hiring decisions, train your staff correctly, and ensure that everyone is focused on the customer. When your customers are happy, everyone in the business will be.
At Salon Proactive, specializing in the beauty services industry, we help companies grow through best practices and tips that works. For more information on the basic work needs and productivity development of the team through their fulfillment, contact us or book a free consultation.